No good news I am afraid. The hospital called me at 3:45 this morning to say they were taking Carl to the ICU. He was going to be ventilated. I wanted to know if they could wait until I got there so I could at least speak to him but they said, no. I got dressed and hurried up there anyway. The Dr came out to speak to me and he didn't have much encouragement. They were planning to do a bronchoscopy as well.
I called Jason, Carl's son, and he came.
Carl is in a chemically induced coma and on a ventilator. A terrifying sight to be sure.
This morning we will have a meeting with the Dr's after rounds. I will know more then.