Thursday, 9 May 2013

Not much to report.

Been at the hospital since 10:30 this morning. Another fever 39.1 this time. All the tests came back no bacteria present. Dr's mystified. They are running another batch just in case something got missed.
 Possibly another bronchoscopy tomorrow, which as he already has a tube down his throat will be rather easy. They will just sedate him. He is conscious just lightly sedated. He is breathing on his own with the help of the ventilator to maintain pressure in the lungs. He is frustrated he can't speak.
 Physios came in today and got him standing beside the bed and he even took 2 steps. That wiped him right out. 
The presence of the ventilator means were are on hold for transplant. We knew when we were approved that if he ever ended up in the ICU intubated this would happen we just didn't expect that it would. When he comes off the ventilator we hope to be back on the active list. Time will tell. Still deep in the woods.


  1. Hi Susan,
    I have been thinking about you and Carl a lot during this past week. Praying for his recovery and for you as well. This disease is so unpredictable it just makes me want to scream! I really hope Carl keeps improving and can get back on the transplant list. Thank-you for letting us know what is happening even though you are probably exhausted. (((hugs)))Marilyn

  2. You are in our thoughts and prayers! We are sending you so much love, love, love! Xoxo!

  3. Susan,
    Hang in there and tell Carl to keep at the physio as often as the PTs can come and help him - it's just so important and helps keep him strong!
    All the best for a quick turn around and having you back in the Treadmill Room!